Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Request lyrics for "Annabelle"

Request lyrics for "Annabelle"
August 19, 2018 01:31PM
I am looking for the lyrics to an old song popular in Saskatchewan in the 30s' or 40's (I think). As far as I know, the title is "Annabelle", and the words I remember are:

Won’t you come back to me,
I’m so lonesome you see,
Lonesome for you, Annabelle.

You made me feel blue,
Said I didn’t love you,
But you know that I do, Annabelle.
(or maybe “But I swear that I do, Annabelle.”)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bob
June 08, 2019 04:49PM
I'm still trying to find the record. We used to doing along with it when I was a kid.
December 22, 2019 02:10AM
Hi,

I have a recording of my Dad's quartet (the Fort Garry Four) singing this song, probably around 60 years ago. I was also just trying to find the name of the song, and came across this post.

If you're interested, let me know and I can copy the audio file into Dropbox, which I could share to you. Email me at bfrasmail-post AT yahoo DOT com, as I won't be checking this board.

Regards,

Bud Fraser
This was sort of a theme song for my husband's softball team in the late 50s and 60s. We all sang it at least once -- sometimes more -- during the after-game parties. It is a joyous song and brings back fond memories.

We always started out with the chorus, so am not sure if there are other verses. These are the words we sang:

Oh, Annabelle, won’t you come back to me,
I’m so lonesome you see,
Lonesome for you, Annabelle.

Someone made you feel blue,
Said I didn’t love you,
But you know that I do, Annabelle.

The birds in the tree tops
The moon up above [clap, clap, clap, clap]
Know that it's you,
My Anna belle that I love,

So, won't you come back to me
I'm so lonesome you see
Lone....some....for....you...Anna belle.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.