It started way back in third grade.
I used to sit beside Emmylou Hayes
A pink dress, a matching bow, and her pony tail.
She kissed me on the school bus, but told me not to tell.
Next day I chased her round the playground
Across the monkey bars, to the merry-go-round
And Emmylou got caught passing me a note
Before the teacher took it, I read what she wrote.
Do you love me, do you wanna be my friend?
And if you do, well then don't be afraid to take me by the hand
If you want to.
I think this is how love goes, check yes or no.
Now we're grown up and she's my wife.
Still like two kids with stars in our eyes.
Ain't much changed, I still chase Emmylou.
Up and down the hall, around the bed in our room.
Last night I took her out in a white limousine
Twenty years later, she still gets to me
Can't believe it's been that long ago.
When we got started with just a little note.
- I Hate Everything
- Fool Hearted Memory
- A Fire I Can't Put Out
- You Look So Good In Love
- Right Or Wrong
- Let's Fall To Pieces Together
- Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind
- The Chair
- Nobody In His Right Mind Would've Left Her
- It Ain't Cool To Be Crazy About You
- Ocean Front Property
- All My Ex's Live In Texas
- Am I Blue
- Famous Last Words Of A Fool
- Baby Blue
- If You Ain't Lovin' (You Ain't Livin')
- Baby's Gotten Good At Goodbye
- What's Going On In Your World
- Ace In The Hole
- Love Without End, Amen
- I've Come To Expect It From You
- If I Know Me
- You Know Me Better Than That
- The Chill Of An Early Fall
- So Much Like My Dad
- I Cross My Heart
- Easy Come, Easy Go
- I'd Like To Have That One Back
- The Man In Love With You
- The Big One
- You Can't Make A Heart Love Somebody
- Lead On
- Check Yes Or No
- I Know She Still Loves Me
- Blue Clear Sky
- Carried Away
- I Can Still Make Cheyenne
- One Night At A Time
- Carrying Your Love With Me
- Today My World Slipped Away
- Round About Way
- I Just Want To Dance With You
- We Really Shouldn't Be Doing This
- Write This Down
- The Best Day
- Go On
- Living And Living Well
- She'll Leave You With A Smile