His father was a drinker
And his mother cried in bed
Folding John Wayne's t-shirts
When the swingset hit his head
The neighbors they adored him
For his humor and his conversation
Look underneath the house there
Find the few living things, rotting fast, in their sleep
Oh, the dead
Even more, they were boys
With their cars, summer jobs
Oh my God
Are you one of them?
He dressed up like a clown for them
With his face paint white and red
And on his best behavior
In a dark room on the bed
He kissed them all
He'd kill ten thousand people
With a sleight of his hand
Running far, running fast to the dead
He took off all their clothes for them
He put a cloth on their lips
Quiet hands, quiet kiss on the mouth
And in my best behavior
I am really just like him
Look beneath the floor boards
For the secrets I have hid
- Concerning The Ufo Sighting Near Highland, Illinois
- The Black Hawk War
- Come On! Feel The Illinoise!
- John Wayne Gacy, Jr.
- A Short Reprise For Mary Todd, Who Went Insane, But For Very Good Reasons
- Decatur, Or, Round Of Applause For Your Stepmother!
- One Last "Whoo-Hoo!" For The Pullman
- Casimir Pulaski Day
- To The Workers Of The Rock River Valley Region, I Have An Idea Concerning Your Predicament
- The Man Of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts
- Prairie Fire That Wanders About
- A Conjunction Of Drones
- The Predatory Wasp Of The Palisades Is Out To Get Us!
- They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back From The Dead!! Ahhhh!
- Let's Hear That String Part Again, Because I Don't Think They Heard It All...
- In This Temple As In The Hearts Of Man For Whom He Saved The Earth
- The Seer's Tower
- The Tallest Man, The Broadest Shoulders
- Riffs And Variations On A Single Note
- Out Of Egypt, Into The Great Laugh Of Mankind, And I Shake The Dirt From My Sandals As I Run
- The Avalanche